This page has moved to a new address.

I'm doing a 5K!

Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm doing a 5K!

I'm so excited about doing my FIRST 5K! It's called The Color Run!

The Color Run isn't a typical 5K. It isn't timed at all. Best of all, by the end your a neon rainbow mess!

I Have started training and I am on week 3 of the C25K (couch to 5k) program.

I love running. I truly do. You would never know by looking at me though.

Somehow I got very VERY far away from it...well I know how. That's a story for another day though.

But now I'm back into it and I'm loving it! I love feeling the burn, sweating, breathing hard, working towards something. Knowing I'm accomplishing something.

Most of all I love that I'm NOT doing this to lose weight. I'm doing this because it's something I enjoy. The 5K is a new and exciting challenge, and I'm up for it!

I'm going start posting about my journey to 5k and a healthier life right here. I will also post a challenge that either I or someone in the fitness world comes up with.

My best friend is a BeachBody Coach (you can like her FB page here) and is an amazing woman who encourages me and inspires me to be a better healthier me. She is WAY more fit than I am and sometimes that intimidates me but I'm learning to just use her as support :-) I also have my Aunt and my Cousin checking in with me weekly to see how we 3 are doing. Soon I'm going to make my sister join us (you know how that goes, right?!)


Anyways...back to the whole challenge thing. This week it comes from Jillian Michaels's FB page. "try to leave some food on your plate, do not clear it."
Wow...this one will be hard for me, I feel like I'm wasting food. This is something that I never tell my children, so why do I clean my plate when I know I shouldn't?!

Please join us! Do you have any tips in training for a 5k? What about some awesome healthy recipes?




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home