This page has moved to a new address.

I Cry Every Time

Monday, June 18, 2012

I Cry Every Time

I see a homeless person. Seriously.

It breaks my heart to see them with no food. No home. Nowhere to go. Nothing.

Society tells us "don't give them money, they're only going to buy booze!"

I still give them what I have. If they choose poorly than I guess that's their choice to make. I have to try to help, its just in me. I do pray that they make a better choice and feed themselves or buy other necessities.

I try to buy them food if I can. I try to buy snacks and such from the grocery store instead of burgers that are so unhealthy.

You never know why someone is in the position that they are in. We are supposed to love each other and help each other.


Proverbs 31:20
She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy.


I want to be more like the Proverbs 31 woman. I want to be more like Mother Teresa.

I want Princess to have the same passion and love, and while I do know that some of that is just in you. I know I can help cultivate that and help it grow in her. So this summer we are going to start finding places to volunteer and help others.

Will you join me? Do you have any suggestions?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2012 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! :) and God Bless you! What a sweet thing. It is what we are called to do, help out, as you've pointed out from proverbs. What they do with the help that's offered to them is their decision and we can only pray they choose wisely.
Jeff and I wanted to find things we could do to help out too. With the girls being so young it's hard to think of things we can chip in and do, but we have thought of soup kitchens and things like that. Even going to a nursing home and talking with those there about God and the Bible and letting the littles share their love for Christ is always another option. Share the ideas you come up with ... we may be joining you in your efforts.

 
At June 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Will do! And thank you. I actually just found out that ACTS here helps the homeless we have living in the woods. So I'm going to be contacting them soon to see what they need for them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home