This page has moved to a new address.

Attempt at Butternut Squash soup

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Attempt at Butternut Squash soup

I keep seeing all these wonderful fall soups! I LOVE soup and I like to try new foods. So I decided I was going to try butternut squash soup.

I read over several recipes, all pretty basic. They all included just a few simple ingredients and not a lot of work. It looked simple enough. All I had to do was cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and roast the squash. While the squash was roasting in the oven, I sautéed some onions and got the rest of the ingredients out. Fast foreword to the squash and onions being done. I put the squash, onions, a couple spices (garlic, and nutmeg, cinnamon) into the food processor. It smelled delicious! I put the mixture into a put with a little broth to warm it back up. I was getting so hungry! It looked and smelled wonderful!

Now it was time to serve it and taste it I made a bowl for me and princess. Immediately I noticed WAY too much garlic :-( I don't know what happened I only put a little in! Poor princess she at a couple bites looked up and said "momma I'm not hungry anymore". I couldn't help but laugh. I said " honey is Momma's soup gross?! Do you need something else to eat?" She of course said yea and I got her something else to eat.

The soup was delicious before the garlic. Next time ill make it without the garlic. 😜 Sorry for the awful pic I forgot to take a pic while it was all pretty.

Do you have any favorite fall recipes? Any tips on butternut squash soup?

3 Comments:

At October 29, 2012 at 3:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I tried to post a comment last week for this post, but I guess it didn't show up :( So, I'll try again! My favorite fall recipe is Pumpkin Scones. They are just like the ones you can get at Starbucks or maybe even better. I make them at least once a year. I will try to make them and bring them for Wednesday at my parents' house :) I really need to try to make a soup like this. I love soup, but don't eat it nearly enough. And now that the weather's getting cold, it's the perfect time!

 
At November 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so bummed that I didn't get to try your scones! You should make them for Thanksgiving :-) I love soup too but for some reason I am just not very good at making it, even though they are mostly so simple. Guess ill keep trying!

 
At December 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry I didn't get to make them for Thanksgiving. But you'll just have a year to look forward to them again :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home