This page has moved to a new address.

Goals for 2013

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Goals for 2013

I'm not making resolutions this year. Resolutions never seem to stick and the word resolution just sounds like I'm setting myself up to fail. I've made resolutions before and never stuck to them. Resolutions are by definition to commit to doing something with determination. I'm determined alright. I just don't like the word resolution, it's lost it's meaning to me.

I will, however, be making goals. Goals are something I can work towards. I have small goals and large goals. Goals are achievable. I can reward myself for reaching each goal, and I will.

My number one goal is to grow deeper in my faith. Everything else will fall into place as long as I do this. I have a few books and devotions that I will be doing, as well as trying to read the entire bible this year.

Next is to be the best wife and mom that I can possibly be. Spending more time together out doing things as a family. Or just as a husband wife. I hope to continue dates with my princess and start having dates with WonderBoy (I can't believe he will be 1 in a month!).

My personal health goals are to be doing some sort of physical activity 5-6 days a week. I also want to be eating clean 70% of the time. Hubby and I are starting all of this on Sunday! I'm so excited he's doing it with me. I also want to grow a garden this year which will be great for our health.

I have some financial goals too. Really they are just to get back into couponing. Continue using swagbucks( i earned 100$ in amazon GC among other things thanks to swagbucks!) and ibotta to earn money (ill post more on those soon) continue to do things like Bzzagent and MomsMeet to get coupons and items to review.

My blogging goals. I want to do 2-3 posts a week. One book review a month and one product review a month as well. I also want to have my own domain at some point in the second half of this year.

Each month I will post how I'm doing on my goals and list what books and other small goals ill be working towards that month. Ill start February 1st!

Are you making any goals or resolutions this year? I'd love to hear them!



Labels:

19 Comments:

At January 19, 2013 at 3:33 AM , Anonymous Brandy Roberts said...

Love your idea of making goals and not resolutions. I'm put off with those as well, lol. My goals for 2013 are to create an ebook, master how a twitter party works and spend more quality time with my family. I also need to see about getting some time of exercise in my routine. I'm a huge fan of walking at our local track but it's just so cold right now.

 
At January 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM , Blogger tdecker26 said...

Wow we have alot of the same "goals"!! I wish my husband would get on board with me about exercising, that would be nice but it's cool your husband is willing to start eating healthy! Go you! I hope you can stick with all your goals. Good luck this year!

 
At January 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Katrina, I absolutely agree about resolutions. I recently read a blog post that said resolutions often come out of a place of guilt - I am not doing enough of... Goals is a much more positive word and I love yours. As a mother and a wife I can totally relate. I'll be curious to hear how you are doing. I wish you the best of luck!

 
At January 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I set goals this year too instead of resolutions!! I think it is beyond a great idea. I definitely agree that spending some alone time with your husband is a great idea. My hubby and I try to do this at least once a month if not more. We found that it makes a huge difference in our relationship. Thankfully our kids are now older so we don't have to think about babysitters, etc for them.

Thanks for the great post!

 
At January 19, 2013 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like a good plan...good goals! I'm trying to pray more, whine less and not compare my blogs or home businesss to others, especially when it just brings me down. Yep...and I'm trying to do the elliptical or Zumba 2-3 times a week. OK, I've already failed with the exercise, but it's a new week to try!

PS...I'd love to see links to your other posts and an 'about me' page and a subscribe button, but I don't see them!

 
At January 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM , Anonymous Laura said...

Those sound like some great goals! I too would like to grow deeper in my faith, start a garden, coupon more and do book reviews on my blog. My other goals include going on more "dates" with my husband and working on some projects around our new home.

 
At January 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM , Anonymous Crystal said...

Hey there,

I liked reading about your list of goals. I love Swagbucks as well. I've earned a lot from them through the years.I'm assuming since your a Bzzagent that your a part of mypoints.com as well??

Great post. I look forward to reading more.

 
At January 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

Good Luck with your Goals!!
Those are some great goals!
Hugs~ Stacy

Stop by and say hello http://dnbustersplace.com

 
At January 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM , Anonymous Carrie said...

I've made goals this year as well...and a lot of them are similar to yours! :-) I'm keeping my goals simple this year. But it's great to have written down goals so I now which direction to work towards. :-)

 
At January 19, 2013 at 4:54 PM , Blogger A Day in Candiland said...

Hey, I am doing the same thing. I am reading the bible too in one year. I have similar goals, I like that you are going to share how you are doing on your blog.

 
At January 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

Those are great goals and I think they'll be really attainable!! Especially if you have themed weekly posts that will help you stay consistent :D! Also audiobooks help if you're getting backed up with books lol :D

 
At January 21, 2013 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! Good luck to you as well!

 
At January 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you and luck to you as we'll! Ill have to go read your post :-)

 
At January 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great goals! Hmmm are you viewing from a mobile device? For some reason it doesn't show up that way. I am working on getting my own domain and not being on blogger anymore so soon there will be those links on mobile!

 
At January 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM , Anonymous Heather said...

I think goals are the way to go. I feel that a resolution is always weighing on you and a goal is always rewardable in my book! One of your goals you mentioned was to eat clean 70% of the time. How is that going? My husband and I have a goal of that and we are doing pretty good with it and recipes you want to share, I would love to hear. :)

 
At January 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM , Anonymous Stephanie @ CMTSblog said...

These are some awesome goals!! You are so right that if you spend more time in your faith, then everything will fall into place. My husband and I picked out words this year to describe our goals. Mine is "confidence" and his is "spirit" and he said he chose that word for the very same reason you explained, about everything falling into place when you put your faith first. Good luck with your goals!!

 
At January 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Happy Gardening, Kim said...

YOur goals are great and very doable. I did make some blog goals and my every day goal is just to eat healthy foods and to continue to make sure my little eats good too. I do need to exercise more, but putting little one in sports and art classes is going to take up my time.

 
At January 23, 2013 at 1:53 PM , Blogger phoward336 said...

You have some great goals there - a nice variety! Good luck with them. I shared my annual goals in early January, and I share my monthly goals the first week of each month. Having them on your blog makes you feel more accountable - I definitely accomplish more!

 
At January 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Adelina Priddis said...

Sound like some great goals! I love using swagbucks too. I just got my own domain after blogging for 2 years. Every time I see the .com without blogspot, it makes me smile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home